oracle 10.1 odp.net InvalidCastException on store procedure

From: <lynne.randolph_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 12:09:24 -0800 (PST)

I'm using arraybind to perform batch inserts into an Oracle 10.1 database. I'm using the Oracle.DataAccess.dll for 10.1. Most of the time, the inserts work fine. I have 21 object arrays that are passed as parameters to the stored procedure which does a database insert. Currently, my arrays are of size 5000 and I'm performing the batch insert about every 1-2 minutes. Occasionally, and I'd say maybe once every couple of hours, I get this exception:

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'System.Object[]' to type 'System.IConvertible'.

   at Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()    at gov.its.dataArchive.ods.OdsDbTss.doBatchPollInsert() in C:
\Projects\FDOT\SG-4.0-Dev\SourceCode\dataArchive\DataArchiveLib\ods
\OdsDbTss.cs:line 1087

   at gov.its.dataArchive.ods.OdsDbTss.doRollup(DateTime time) in C:
\Projects\FDOT\SG-4.0-Dev\SourceCode\dataArchive\DataArchiveLib\ods
\OdsDbTss.cs:line 1273

Does anyone know why this might occur sporadically?

Thanks,

Lynne Received on Tue Nov 04 2008 - 21:09:24 CET

Original text of this message