Re: Oracle DB Diff Tools

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 12:36:36 -0700

Godzilla wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am looking at getting a diff tool for Oracle version 8. I need the
> tool to highlight all differences between two databases. Those
> includes, but not limited to, schema, data, user definition, stored
> procedures, functions, sequences, etc.
>
> Is there any respectable commercial or open source tools out there
> anyone has used and recommend?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Cheers,
> godzilla

DBMS_RECTIFIER_DIFF was introduced in 8.0. http://www.psoug.org/reference/dbms_rectifier_diff.html and will get you the information at the level of table rows.

For the rest you are going to have to do it with either a CASE tool such as Designer or ERwin or by comparing metadata entries in dba_tablespaces, dba_segments, etc.

To me a waste of time better spent upgrading to a version supported during the current millennium.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Oracle Ace Director & Instructor