Re: read form jdbc image item save format

From: Michael Austin <maustin_at_firstdbasource.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 23:34:45 -0500

dp_at_davideparisi.com wrote:
> Hy,i have already tried with OTN forums and on Metalink but
> unsuccesfully....
>
> I'm trying to get images out of an Oracle database with a Java/Jdbc
> application.
> It was inserted using Oracle Forms "image item" (TIFF format), and is
> in a LONG RAW column. (i.e. was inserted with write_image_file).
> I can get the raw data fine, but I don't know what format it is in,
> the file is not a TIFF or JPEG.
> Opening the file readed from database with an HEX editor (like
> ultraedit-32) we can read ".......Oracle Multimedia Toolkit, 2.1...".
> Does anyone know where I can find a technical description of the
> format, or if there are any APIs that would let me do it?

This looks like a good place to start:

Oracle Multimedia Sample Applications
Oracle Multimedia PL/SQL Web Toolkit Photo Album sample application. The PL/SQL Web Toolkit Photo Album application shows how to upload and retrieve image ...
download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/appdev.111/b28415/ap_demos.htm - 21k - Cached - Similar pages - Note this A
Oracle Multimedia Java Classes for Servlets and JSP ... Code Wizard for the PL/SQL Gateway application, A.3: PL/SQL Web Toolkit Photo Album application, A.3 ...
download.oracle.com/docs/cd/B28359_01/appdev.111/b28415/index.htm - 25k - Received on Fri Jul 04 2008 - 06:34:45 CEST

Original text of this message