Erwin 4.1 Migration to Oracle 10g: problem user assignment

From: <juliane26_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 01:24:29 -0800 (PST)

First: I am new to ERwin and ERwin Product management. We tried to migrate our Erwin 4.1 repository from Oracle 9i to 10g on another box.

The migration went ok: we had to recompile some procedures and recreate some indexes then we could access the Modelmart.

One problem remains: Erwin appears to keep in the MMUSER table not only the information about the Oracle UserID, but also the Oracle technical user ID. After migration that changes of course. When opening 'security' dialog, ERwin notices that the Oracle technical IDs are different and tries to add the user - but this doesn't work since the users exist already. So its not so much a migration problem but a user management issue.
My question: is it valid to just update the technical ID field in the MMUSER table with the new ones ?

Or is there anything I missed what I should have done? Is that issue solved in ERwin 7?

Thank you !
Juliane Received on Thu Feb 28 2008 - 10:24:29 CET

Original text of this message