Re: sqlldr: setting NULL instead of rejecting record

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 06:11:13 -0800 (PST)

On Feb 3, 2:42 am, Mathias Waack <M.Wa..._at_gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm going to import a table into oracle by using sqlldr. The table contains
> some cells with wrong contents, for instance number fields with text or date
> fields with invalid dates. sqlldr rejects these records. Is there an option
> the tell sqlldr to just set wrong values to NULL intead of rejecting the
> whole record?
>
> Thanks,
>
>         Mathias

There is (NULLIF) but it won't work in your case as you can't guarantee the exact same value will appear in a given column across multiple records.

I'd seriously suggest you fix the data, rather than try to finagle SQL*Loader into replacing the errant values with NULLs.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Mon Feb 04 2008 - 15:11:13 CET

Original text of this message