pl/sql developer question

From: Lee <Lee_at_JamToday.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 23:04:10 -0500

[Quoted] [Quoted] I've been spoiled a bit by using Quest's Sql*Navigator.

I've been trying to wean myself away from that and onto ORacle's pl/sql developer but there's one function I havent found (or its plain not there).

Every once in a while it would be nice to search over all stored procedure (all stand alones, package definitions and package bodies, maybe triggers too) searching for some string.

I *think* I got pl/sql dev to search over a given procedure body but searching accross procedures has so far eluded me.

Is there a way to do it (Well, yeah I could search in the dictionary table of user_source natively, but I mean a neat way through the gui) or am I out of luck?

Any favorite free or cheap ( <= $100 ) tools to recommend ? Received on Wed Dec 05 2007 - 05:04:10 CET

Original text of this message