Re: loading CLOB column using function

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 11:02:32 -0800

Baldwin wrote:
> On Nov 30, 10:32 pm, DA Morgan <damor..._at_psoug.org> wrote:

>> Baldwin wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I am a newbie ofsqlloader. Everything seems to be fine until I hit a
>>> block road - theCLOBcolumn type. I want to load data into theclob
[Quoted] >>> column using a stored function. I need to do some manipulation on the
>>> data before it gets saved to that column. But I got this error when I
>>> run thesqlloader.
>>> SQL*Loader-309: NoSQLstring allowed as part of "DATA" field
>>> specification
>>> DATA is myCLOBtype column.
>>> Almost all the references are suggesting to use a file to load data on
>>> CLOBcolumn but what I want to use a function in which it generates
>>> the content to be saved into the column.
>>> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>>> Baldwin
>>> MISICompany
>> Without posting the control file no help is possible.
>> --
>> Daniel A. Morgan
>> Oracle Ace Director & Instructor
>> University of Washington
>> damor..._at_x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org- Hide quoted text -

> here is the control file
>
> LOAD DATA
> INFILE 'temp.csv'
> REPLACE
> INTO TABLE table1
> FIELDS TERMINATED BY ','
> OPTIONALLY ENCLOSED BY '"'
> TRAILING NULLCOLS
> (
> Index FILLER position(1:2),
> param1 BOUNDFILLER,
> param2 BOUNDFILLER,
> "DATA" "GetContent(:param1,:param2)"
> )
>
> I hope this helps.

A column named "INDEX"? Another named "DATA"? Should we put a suicide watch on you? Not one of your column name corresponds with naming rules. Give some serious consideration to changing them to something meaningful.

Perhaps I am missing something about your demo but I get stuck trying to build the table into which it appears you are trying to load this:

SQL> create table table1 (

   2 index VARCHAR2(5));
index VARCHAR2(5))
*
ERROR at line 2:
ORA-00904: : invalid identifier

SQL> More information is required ... not much here makes sense.