Re: Memory exception with connection to Oracle

From: <>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 14:20:13 -0000

On 14 nov, 07:52, wrote:
> Hi,
> When i am trying to execute the below code, getting the memory
> exception " Unable to read memory". Can anybody suggest me of what can
> be the problem?
> Also the exception is only if a add a createconnection statement. For
> connection to oracle from iSQLPLus i am using the same usr/pass
> without hoststring and its working there.
I'm not familiar with how occi connects, but iSQLPlus runs against a defined environment.

I suggest occi uses an tns alias to connect, so look into your tnsnames.ora file (locted in %ORACLE_HOME\network\admin) for one. An example of an entry is:

    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = = 1521))

in this example, the first "Orcl" would be the alias. If it reads "", use that.

hth, frank Received on Wed Nov 14 2007 - 15:20:13 CET

Original text of this message