Reading email from pl/sql

From: Lee <leeh_at_panix.com>
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 15:53:53 -0500

[Quoted] I'm using oracle 10g. I can generate email from a pl/sql procedure without much fuss, but now I'm faced with the inverse problem.

I'ld like to be able to send email to a particular dedicated account and have pl/sql pick up the mail (simple text, no attachments to muck with). The routine would parse the message and do something in response.

I can think of some rube golberg ways to do it, but I cant help thinking that there must be a straightforward way that I'm somehow looking right past.

Is there some no-nonesense sample code I can look at to see how its supposed to be done? Received on Wed Nov 07 2007 - 21:53:53 CET

Original text of this message