error while creating materialized views

From: clement rajappa <clement.rajappa_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 19:54:00 -0000

Hi
[Quoted] We are running our apps in distributed database environment. we r in the process of migrating our central DB from ver 9 to 10.1.2 and are facing problems while creating materialized views. Our remote servers run 8.1.7 standard ver DB.
So when I tried to create MVs(40 MVs in all) from the remote server we recd following error:
ORA-12018: following error encountered during code generation for ----
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
ORA-02063: preceding line from ....

I found out that it was due to fast refresh option, and so attempted refresh complete option. This way we could create 36 MVs. The remaining 7 continue to throw the same errors. I attempted to query the master tables of failed MVs using db_link but received
ora-2019.
[Quoted] We never had any problem with 9i. We infact have 60 remote servers with 8i connecting to 9i database and never faced this problem. Is this some bug with 10g. REQUIRE your expertise in sorting this problem.
thks
clement Received on Tue Oct 16 2007 - 21:54:00 CEST

Original text of this message