Re: Importing .XLS

From: pamela fluente <pamelafluente_at_libero.it>
Date: Thu, 04 Oct 2007 09:33:45 -0700

[Quoted] On 4 Ott, 17:41, Joel <johow..._at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Nice try folks. Unfortunatly both of these tools give a default of 255
> chars to text fields and a precision of 15 to numbers. Nothing
> intelligent or advanced about that. I might as well use sql server to
> import... Furthermore,. field names aren't parsed for things like
> spaces or other special characters
>
> Any other tools out there?

No. Defaults are just a guess for large compatibility. You can / must change the defaults.
After choosing the destination connection, click on "Table Setup".

What do you mean by " field names aren't parsed for things like spaces or other special characters" ?
Open the "connection properties" dialog to set field appropriate delimiters for destination fields.
The "automatic" delimiter feature is able to detect when delimiters are needed.

For complete flexibility create a "New Data Source". Here you can control *any* little detail of the upload including field name and remappings for each field.

You need to get familiar with the tool. It's quite vaste.

If you feel any specific functionality is missing please just describe it providing appropriate details and we will add it on the fly for the Oracle Community.

-P Received on Thu Oct 04 2007 - 18:33:45 CEST

Original text of this message