Re: help with TOAD for Oracle

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 23:49:37 -0700

Limner wrote:
> Hi to all
>
> i've a small problem with Toad for Oracle, the tool i use to connect to
> my Database:
> Toad lost connection after about 40 minutes of non-utilization.
>
> Is there a way to prevent this? something like a "tnsping" from Toad to
> Oracle server
> to prevent the "connection lost" problem?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
> Danilo

Depends on what caused it.

Hopefully your DBA intentionally set a time-out in your profile as you are are asking for permission to be irresponsible. 40 minutes of non-utilization and you SHOULD be disconnected. In fact I think that is rather liberal. I'd set it for less.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington