Re: oracle 10g installation - access not permitted?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 07:37:05 -0700

Charles T. Smith wrote:
> On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 20:51:21 +0200, sybrandb wrote:
>

>> On Mon, 04 Jun 2007 18:54:36 +0200, "Charles T. Smith"
>> <cts.private_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>>> It would indeed be a bug if I have to reinstall after the installation
>>> process told me that it completed successfully.  I suggest *that* is
>>> irrefutable and therefore makes your "ridiculous" exclaimation ... an
>>> empty claim.
>> I would recommend you stop trolling here, apologize and go away. Obviously
>> you have a faulty install, because you are so 'smart'. Bite the bullet,
>> and re-install, and don't come back here asking for help. In all the time
>> you spent here trolling this forum and flaming and annyoing people here,
>> you could have installed Oracle correctly at least 4 times.

> Does anybody else have the impression that and DA Morgan are the
> same person.
>
> Silly me. Somehow I'd connected sybrandb with Oracle.

When I have something to say I say it ... so just to clarify things:

I too would recommend you stop trolling here, and either follow the advice you've been given or go away. You've turned something remarkably simple, following directions and reading docs, into a multi-day agony.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington