Re: Oracle 9i Reports and CVS

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 29 May 2007 19:52:12 -0800

RandyG271 (randyg271_at_yahoo.com) wrote:
: All,

: I have no experience with Oracle 9i, however I'm trying to assist
: another group at work track changes to Oracle 9i Reports in CVS. I'm
: looking for someone to share suggestions on approaches that have
: worked for them. As it stands right now, the exported files have the
: extension ".RDF" and are in a binary format. While this can be stored
: in CVS, it is not very efficient (i.e. each rev is a new copy, change
: diff between versions, etc). Can Oracle Reports export to standard
: text files?

In 10G I like .jsp format, but the save as... menu has other options as well.

I'm not sure when the formats became available, so 9i may or may not have those options. Received on Wed May 30 2007 - 05:52:12 CEST

Original text of this message