Re: Trace on a Table

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 22 May 2007 07:02:36 -0700

On May 21, 5:12 am, GiriBabu..._at_gmail.com wrote:
> I would like to know how we can have a trace on table to findout which
> IP address and port are updating the table.
>
> Regards,
> Giri

Why?

I suppose you could write your own version of sqlplus in C++/OCCI which would glean all of this information (including the MAC address, system time and current operating system version as well as the IP address and port) from the client PC for you and send it off to a set of 'hidden' tables, install that on every client machine and have the users invoke that for all of their database work. You could call it "sqlplusbb", the 'bb' being 'Big Brother'.

Of course connection auditing is an option, in conjunction with object auditing via a trigger as Daniel has already stated.

I ask again why you think you 'need' this information.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Tue May 22 2007 - 16:02:36 CEST

Original text of this message