DBDesigner and SQL*Plus: Connection Trouble

From: HugeBob <rnurse_at_gmail.com>
Date: 27 Apr 2007 11:35:46 -0700

[Quoted] Hi All,

I'd like to use DBDesigner 4 with Oracle 9i. But, I'm having trouble connecting. Even though I'm using the connection info created by Oracle Net Configuration Assistant (ONCA). I've verified that ONCA writes to my TNSNAMES.ORA file. Other applications like Oracle Enterprise Manager Console (OEMC) and Oracle Net Manager (ONM) see the connections in the names file. But, when I fire up DBDesigner and supply it with the service names in the TNSNAMES.ORA file, I get 12154 errors: i.e., "Could not resolve service name". I get the same error when I use SQL*Plus. This leads me to believe that the two applications are not reading the proper file or something. Can anyone shed light on what's going on?

Thanks. Received on Fri Apr 27 2007 - 20:35:46 CEST

Original text of this message