Re: Hierarchical Trees and colors and icons.....

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 13:46:31 -0600

serena.c7_at_gmail.com wrote:
> OK, i've made a hierarchical tree (joy oh bliss), and now i want to
> add an icon. i'm a little fuzzy on how to do that, does anyone here
> know how? (the internet is being less than useful to me today....)
>
> Also, have any of you ever heard of being able to highlight one line
> of an htree?
>
> bit of background:
> i've got records. these records can have errors. the errors are
> identified in a column called "error_msg".
> so for the icon, i'm thinking:
> decode(t.error_msg, 'gap', [yellow icon.filename], 'overlap', [red
> icon.filename], [generic icon.filename])
> for the highlighting, same thing, only what would i put in place of
> "yellow icon.filename", etc etc??? i've looked online, can't find a
> blessed thing... Any help is def appreciated! thanks!

It looks like you're taking a track similar to one that I did for a JSP app I wrote many years ago. I had a table presented to the user and one of the columns contained a percentage. If the percentage was 98 or higher, then I wanted to display that percentage in red color. If not, the default color was fine. So I wrote my JSP app to use a similar DECODE statement like you did (along with the SIGN function to determine if the value was 98 and higher or not. The value returned from DECODE was the color value. This was dynamically used to modify the TD tag in my HTML page.

Looks to me like what you're doing above is very similar.

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net