Oracle Report : Parent only if Child exists

From: Abu Hamza <ali711_at_sunnipath.com>
Date: 30 Nov 2006 21:14:11 -0800

Hi,
  I'm new to Oracle Reports. I work as a Software Engineer. Currently i've been given assignment to develop a report using Oracle Report Builder 10g. It is a Master-Detail report. The parent query brings Master records and child query (quite complex) brings the Details. The report is showing all parent records even if child records do not exist. I only want those parent record displayed which have child records. What is the best way to achieve this through the Builder. Or do I have to change the Parent query and add extra conditions ?

any help will be appreciated.

thx. Received on Fri Dec 01 2006 - 06:14:11 CET

Original text of this message