connect AS SYSDBA using OVI olog() function problem

From: Jarosław Lubczyński <eljot123_usun_od_pierwszej_cyfry_at_elkomtech.com.pl>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2006 10:52:21 +0100

Hi everybody,

environment:
server: ORACLE 9.2, ORACLE 10.2
OCI lib: included with ORACLE9 & ORACLE10 respectively

I have a problem how to connect to oracle server using OCI library with SYSDBA or SYSOPER mode. I am trying:

result = olog(&lda, (ub1 *) hda, "SYS", -1, "MySYSPwd", -1, "MyDb", -1, (ub4)( OCI_LM_DEF | OCI_SYSDBA));

and server reply still is:

ORA-28009: connection as SYS should be as SYSDBA or SYSOPER

How to solve this problem? I have found no solution in the Web

thanks in advance for any reply.

--
Regards
Jarek Lubczynski

There are 10 kinds of people:
Those who understand binary and those who don't