ORA-01007 error in oracle forms

From: sreekanth <vakiti.sreekanth_at_gmail.com>
Date: 31 Oct 2006 07:43:48 -0800

[Quoted] Hello All,
     Good Mornig!
      I am new to this group.

      I have some problems with oracle forms 9i. I am not able to
findout the correct reason
for the below problem.

      Please read information given below and give me the exact reason what has happend,

  1. We have 2 different schemas,one user_samp1 and other user_real . [Quoted] When we compile the forms against user_samp1 schema and deploy in production(user_real), we are getting runtime error ie ORA-01007. When we debug the problem ,we found that the error was with a cursor which was taking the data using * . ie 'cursor a is select * from table1'. When the cursor is opened, we were getting this error. But when we replace * with columns ( ie 'cursor a is select col1,col2 from table1' ) Or the form is compiled against production schema, this error is not coming. The structure in the two schemas is as below.... user_samp1 :: table1 :: col1 number col2 number col3 char production table1 :: col1 number col3 char col2 number

    I am giving the structure because the order of columns is different, when you describe
in those two different schemas.

   We are using forms 9i (and oracle 9i) and these forms are migrated from forms 6i.

   ( Same problem with 10g forms )

   2) The below statement works even the col2 column is not present in table2 ,

             Select col1 from table1 where col2 in (select col2 from table2);

             But when you use alias then the above query gives error.

           ( This query might be taking col2 in table1 as value for the col2 present in
 subquery for table2. But is this not confusing)

  3)Is there anyway to findout all the objects(Oracle Objects Used in forms) present in
 oracle forms.

Thanks in Advance.

With Regards,
Sreekanth Babu Received on Tue Oct 31 2006 - 16:43:48 CET

Original text of this message