TOAD ssh help with pubkey authentication

From: Chuck <skilover_nospam_at_bluebottle.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 18:46:29 GMT

I'm trying to use toad to connect to my unix servers for things like downloading trace files, unix monitoring, etc. The catch is that the only access to the servers (other than OracleNet) is with ssh/sftp. Telnet, rexec, ftp, and all the other standard methods are disabled. I also want to use pubkey authentication.

To run a shell on these servers, normally I use putty and pageant, or if running in Cygwin I use openssh with an ssh-agent. The public key is already installed on all servers.

How can I get toad to authenticate to the unix serves like this? If I don't specify a password or private key file so that it will use of one the key caching programs, it fails. If I specify a private key file, it doesn't use the agent to access the cached decrypted key, plus it still fails. The messages are...

Client socket connected
Authentication attempt failed, AuthType=4 (password) Client socket disconnected
Connection closed.

I'm not sure why it would even be attempting password authentication when I haven't specified a password but have specified a private key file.

TIA Received on Thu Oct 26 2006 - 20:46:29 CEST

Original text of this message