Re: How can I run Toad from VBScript

From: BChase <bsc7080xxmqc_at_myoracleportal.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 12:51:52 -0400

On 6 Oct 2006 08:59:43 -0700, "RN" <rlntemp-newsgroup_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>Re: Oracle 9i / Toad 8.6
>
>Does anyone have an example where they launched Toad in a 'batch mode'
>to run multiple scripts?
>I am hitting brick walls in trying to do this.
>
>I would welcome your examples/suggestions.
>
>Thanks.

Why not run sqlplus in batch mode and simply create a csv file format and spool to file. It would be easier, and much more efficient. Right tool for the right job, but find the simple and most direct solution. Excel can launch csv files.

If you don't want to go through the trouble of creating a flat file, I have some code that will produce a csv by simply passing the SQL to it and some filename parameters. It will generate the file to your database server. Let me know if you are interested.

~Barry Received on Sun Oct 08 2006 - 18:51:52 CEST

Original text of this message