Re: Database Load or Usage calculation

From: <mune19642003_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Aug 2006 11:22:47 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] I think the messgae got confusing because of the SLA term used.

The intention was to get an idea of how to measure the USAGE of a database and its GROWTH over time.

[Quoted] [Quoted] After thinking on this a bit , I was wondering if the daily total of 'Number of Physical Reads' ( for example ) would be a good indicator of the growth of a database..... In most cases that number would grow as the DISK SPACE USAGE grows or as USERS grow and such!

[Quoted] Mainly to chart this and show to the mgmt of this growth, instead of multiple charts for SPACE,USERS,SESSIONS etc etc Received on Mon Aug 14 2006 - 20:22:47 CEST

Original text of this message