concatenating clob with string in SELECT

From: <mikeg13_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Aug 2006 12:47:07 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] I have dynamically created an INSERT statement that is populating a [Quoted] [Quoted] table with a CLOB field. The value being inserted into the CLOB field [Quoted] is generated by concatenating a bunch of strings. In some case, it exceeds the 4K limit for string concatenation. The concatenation will have the 4G limit of a CLOB, if one of the fields being concatenated is of a clob data type. How can I create a clob field to be used in the concatenation in the SELECT statement?

For example,

insert into table1 (field1, clobfield) SELECT field1, <4k string>||<4kstring> from table2;

I would like to put a clob in the concatenation string to make this work. Something like ...

insert into table1 (field1, clobfield) SELECT field1, <4k string>||<4kstring>||<clob literal> from table2; Received on Thu Aug 03 2006 - 21:47:07 CEST

Original text of this message