Re: Date Conversion

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 13:29:12 GMT

pawan_test wrote:
> Hello,
>
> the output is : Jul 25
> my desired output is: 0725
> this is because i have to load into a table in the format MMDD

How do you plan on loading this into the table? Oracle will not store the date datatype in any of the formats listed above. But you can take the format above and convert it to a date datatype with the TO_DATE function.

TO_DATE('Jul 25','MON DD')

Just because the date is in one format, you can ingest it into the date datatype with a simple conversion....

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland
dba_at_nospam.peasland.net