Re: Forms - lov

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 13 Jul 2006 12:11:48 -0800

buka (lbuczynski1_at_o2.pl) wrote:
: Hi everyone

: I' ve got aproblem . When I click the lov on the page , he show date
: whitout polish characters.
: Why ??

Who know? In general, make sure your language settings are correct.

Various things might be involved, but I have found that oftimes the key item is to define NLS_ environment variables before launching the application. The variables must be visible to the application that needs them. I mention that because it isn't always obvious. For example - a web based form is actually running on the web server, not the client, and so it is the web server that would need the NLS_ environment variables, not the client.

on this windows PC right now I have

	NLS_DATE_FORMAT=YYYY-MM-DD
	NLS_LANG=american_america.utf8