Re: Pecualiar Repeating frame

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 8 Jun 2006 14:54:12 -0800

Godwin (godwinburby_at_gmail.com) wrote:
: Hi All,
: I have a peculiar repeating frame problem. I have a repeating frame and
: two frames vertically. Thus when the report is run the repeating frame
: should repeat and then the other frames should appear. But the second
: group of the repeating comes after an ordinary frame. Why is this
: happening? Is this a bug with oracle reports? Thanks in advance

You might have encountered the bug _called_ oracle reports (bad humour).

I doubt it is a bug, more likely you just need to find the right non-intuitive combination of oddly nested frames and settings.

Were the report frames set up by the wizard? Use the wizard to set up some thing similar and then analyse what all the frames are for that the wizard inserts.

Also read the help file to see if there are any how to's that correspond to anything similar.

Also, Oracle has more help for reports on line. To quote one piece of the application help file

	"
	For a detailed example, see the chapter "Building a Nested
	Matrix Report"  in the Oracle Reports Building Reports manual,
	available on the Oracle Technology Network Oracle Reports
	Documentation page
	(http://otn.oracle.com/docs/products/reports/content.html).
	"

It's hard to say anything specific from your description. Received on Fri Jun 09 2006 - 00:54:12 CEST

Original text of this message