Re: Oracle client on MAC OS X

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 20:11:57 +0200

irenee schreef:
> Sorry for my english, i'm a french
> I want to know if it is possible to run Oracle Client only , not the
> server, on Mac OS X. The documentation of the download mention this :
> "Note:
> Only Mac OS X Server is supported."
> But for the client, i don't know why the OS must be a server !!
>
> Anybody has succeeded to install Oracle Client on MAC OS X 10.4 ? If
> yes, please explain all steps to use it.
> Thanks a lot.

As all server installs contain a client, you should be able to install just the client.
The question is, will the installer let you do that, or infest your Mac with 1.2GB of useless (in your case) software?

Did you take a look at the instant client? It can be downloaded from
http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/htdocs/client_lic.html?http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/tech/oci/instantclient/htdocs/macsoft.html

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel