Re: Oracle Report question

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_nospam.peasland.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:48:05 GMT

mp wrote:
> How do we display superscript format on date (i.e. st on the March
> 31st, 2006)? Is this possible in Oracle Apps Reports?

Not specifically related to any application, but rather, using the supplied SQL functions available to any app. Use the TO_CHAR function to format your date output:

SQL> SELECT TO_CHAR(sysdate,'Month DDTH,YYYY') FROM dual;

TO_CHAR(SYSDATE,'MO

April 13TH,2006

The following document shows all of the format models for date values handed to the TO_CHAR function:

http://download-east.oracle.com/docs/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14200/sql_elements004.htm#i34510

HTH,
Brian

Brian Peasland