Re: utl_file.fremove cannot remove a file named with japanese

From: Malcolm Dew-Jones <yf110_at_vtn1.victoria.tc.ca>
Date: 11 Apr 2006 14:17:11 -0800

DA Morgan (damorgan_at_psoug.org) wrote:
: annms007_at_gmail.com wrote:
: >> SQL> exec utl_file.fremove('HELLO', 'あいうえお.txt');
: >> BEGIN utl_file.fremove('HELLO', 'あいうえお.tst'); END;
: >
: > the above text is typed by myself when posting my question,
: > the real executed command is "exec utl_file.fremove('HELLO',
: > 'あいうえお.tst'); ",
: >
: > i'm sorry for my mistake

: Are you literally typing in question marks? It appears that way
: from your postings and that will never work.

I don't see any question marks in his post.

However (s)he is clearly using non-ascii characters in the filename and I can bet that that is likely the largest part of the problem.

To get started I would force the file names to use ascii characters only. That will minimize the issue with character sets, and might solve the problem with no further ado. Received on Wed Apr 12 2006 - 00:17:11 CEST

Original text of this message