Running reports from Forms-application in 10g

From: Tuomas Hosia <hosia_at_lut.fi>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 23:20:31 GMT

Good morning.

I was modifying an old client-server (from developer 2000) application to work with 10g and I succeeded to install forms& reports designer, run the migration tool and old forms are running like charm with minimal changes on 10g three-tier system, but just forms, no reports. I'm running these on delopment machine (XP) which has 10g application server installed and the database is in the same subnet (10g on linux).

Application used to call reports with run_product, which is not supported and preferrable method is to use run_report_object. I changed the code and it tries to do something, but can't connect to reports server. Unfortunately I don't have the specific error message here.

Reports servlet starts but whitepaper say that it can't be called this way (run_report_object) and I have to have a reports server, which I managed to start and I know its name.

I've a truckload of manuals, but I can't find (or don't understand) the method (port?) the forms servlet is trying to call the reports server. It should 'just work' and when it doesn't, I'm left stumped.

Any ideas welcome.

I've got a feeling that I'm so lost I can't even ask anything comprehendable, so please bear with me. ;)

Tuomas

--
hosia_at_lut.fi(Tuomas Hosia) DoD#1684   \ On paljon hauskempi olla pakanana,
Lappeenranta University of Technology \ ei tarvitse koskaan olla vakavana.