Re: Forms- stored procedure base data block

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:41:22 -0800

Rama Shankar wrote:
> Hi All !
> I want to make a data block using a stored procedure. Where can I get
> the exact help or sample code for this.
> Thanks in advance

You need to think of four, not one, stored procedures. One for each of the basic DML functions: INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, and SELECT. Here's an example of one that performs the SELECT function.

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE devproc (
p_return_cur IN OUT uw_type.t_ref_cursor) IS

BEGIN
   OPEN p_return_cur FOR
   SELECT program_id, line_number, customer_id    FROM airplanes
   WHERE program_id = 777
   ORDER BY customer_id;
END devproc;
/

The REF CURSOR was defined in a package header.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org