Re: Tool to check why queries miss results?

From: Andreas Koch <nospam_at_kochandreas.com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 21:35:13 +0100

Mark C. Stock wrote:

> but it still sounds like you're looking for a tool to tell you why the sets
> don't match -- which no tool can do, but a well-designed test plan that
> validates the inputs and/or state of data prior to the test will be able to
> accomplish

[Quoted] Strange. I can do it manually, so why should a tool not be able to do it? You just have to find which joins blocks the data, and then check that branch for which joins blocks the data in that branch, and so on. Sounds perfectly doable, at least until you get into PL/SQL functions or something. Received on Mon Mar 06 2006 - 21:35:13 CET

Original text of this message