About Oracle Application Server Forms and Reports

From: Sameer <dolpheen_at_gmail.com>
Date: 23 Feb 2006 04:33:27 -0800

Hello,
I have just installed Oracle AS Forms and Reports Services 10 g on my Windows 2000 PC.
I have Oracle 10 g installed on my PC.
The installation process of Oracle AS Forms and Reports Services ask for a Oracle Home which may be Oracle 8i or 9i. I have just handed over an empty folder Oracle\Ora81 to the installation process which was still there after removal of my Oracle 8i installation
Still the Forms installation continued.
Do it need a real Oracle home?
The documentation files for Forms shows a fancy look of software. But the links for the software installed are very few and just shows some starting and stopping of Froms and Reports Services and links about Queue.
How to start the application and how to create Forms and Reports? May I need to know some more about Forms and Reports. Please clarify. Received on Thu Feb 23 2006 - 13:33:27 CET

Original text of this message