Re: sql*loader and stdin?

From: Volker Hetzer <volker.hetzer_at_gmx.de>
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2006 11:14:47 +0100

[Quoted] DA Morgan wrote:

> Volker Hetzer wrote:

>> Hi!
>> Is there any way I can make sql*loader read data from stdin?
>>
>> Lots of Greetings!
>> Volker
>
> No. But you can append to a file and read it as an external table. [Quoted] Does this work on the client too?
It's going to be a bit complex as I'm loading about 15 tables out of one data file but I think I could manage

The reason I'm asking is that I've got one tool (vbscript of mine) that spits out data continuously for about a minute and the loader afterwards also takes about a minute to load it all, without using much CPU (about 4s) on the client. So, I guess I could halve the load time by running them concurrently. Since there is someone in front of the system waiting for it to complete, response time is important.

Right now I'm undecided as to whether getting someone to write me a little C or VB program (I'm working on windows) that enables named pipes or spending a lot of time having a second shot at bind arrays with nested objects and collections. My first attempt just showed me that from VBScript it was slow and very memory intensive, which is why I switched to sql*loader.

Lots of Greetings!
Volker Received on Sun Jan 08 2006 - 11:14:47 CET

Original text of this message