Re: info about Oracle session

From: Mark C. Stock <mcstockX_at_Xenquery>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2005 07:47:36 -0500

"tomek" <e_at_rt.up> wrote in message news:dnbfa1$g6o$1_at_atlantis.news.tpi.pl...
>I open the application which conect to the Oracle Server 10; and for
>example during this tession I modifing something in clients; and I want to
>know names of tables where data about clients are stored.
>
> T.
>

> Użytkownik "Mark C. Stock" <mcstockX_at_Xenquery .com> napisał w wiadomości
>>
>> "tomek" <e_at_rt.up> wrote in message
>>> he
>>> where can I find information about tables which I open during the
>>> session in
>>> Oracle DB
>>>
>>> t.
>>>

>> you don't 'open' tables in Oracle, so if you're thinking about needing
>> this information to 'close' tables, that's not necessary
>>
>> what do you need to do with the information ... do you need some sort of
>> an audit trail of table access?
>>
>> what version of Oracle are you running?
>>
>> ++ mcs

  1. folks who regularly respond in this group very much dislike top-posting... you'll get more help if you type your response at the bottom of the message (keeps things in chronological order)
  2. what version of oracle are you running?
  3. what application are you opening?
  4. do you have access to any tool, like sql*plus, where you can run adhoc queries?
  5. do you have database permissions for the account that owns the table?
  6. do you have source code for the application?

it sounds like you want to know what tables the developer references in the application code. your options include
-- viewing the source code
-- tracing your session (which produces a log file of every sql statement generated)
-- selecting from the data dictionary to view the table structure of the application's schema
-- monitor V$SQLAREA and similar dynamic views to see what statements your session is issuing
-- use oracle provided or 3rd party tools to get at the dynamic views

could you provide a little more information on your application and environment?

++ mcs Received on Fri Dec 09 2005 - 13:47:36 CET

Original text of this message