Re: User Session Question

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Nov 2005 15:32:28 GMT

On Fri, 04 Nov 2005 06:54:54 -0800, Coach wrote:

> I am trying to limit the number of user sessions that I am creating by
> calling sql loader. I have several thousand files that are being
> loaded daily using sql loader, however, a new control file needs to be
> created for each file, therefore I can't list multiple INFILEs in one
> control file. Is there a way to call sql loader without creating a
> different user session every time sql loader is called?

I don't quite follow the 'new control file needs to be created' part ...

Are these files identical in structure? If so, could you set up a few External Tables to access the files as read-only tables? Then a script or PL/SQL routine with UTL_FILE could be used to move the files in and out of scope, eliminating extra session creation.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com