Re: Oracle Installation on solaris 10

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 20:51:49 GMT

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 20:43:12 +0000, keyurdgp amused us by writing:

> I want to install Oracle 9 on Sun solaris 10 on Sparc machine. which
> documentation is very good about installation of Oracle on solaris
> Please let me know as soon as possible

Oracle supplies excellent documentation. You may want to refer to the one titled

"
Oracle9i Installation Guide
Release 2 (9.2.0.1.0) for UNIX Systems: AIX-Based Systems, Compaq Tru64 UNIX, HP 9000 Series HP-UX, Linux Intel, and Sun Solaris "

available on http://docs.oracle.com ... Select/click the database version you want, click on 'View Library', click "List of Books", bookmark that page, then click "Installation Guide"

That manual tells you how to set up your manchine, how to install the database and many of the options and features, what to do after you've installed the databaser, how to start up and shut down the database.

Good reading and good luck.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com