Alter Table in PL/SQL

From: willpwr <william.cook_at_kla-tencor-dot-com.no-spam.invalid>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2005 02:11:47 -0500

I am using the following statement:
ALTER TABLE abc ENABLE PRIMARY KEY;
[Quoted] This statement works fine if I issue it in SQLPlus. It also works fine inside a simple sql script. However it does not work in the following PL/SQL script:

BEGIN
      ALTER TABLE abc ENABLE PRIMARY KEY; END;
/

I get an error on the Alter Table line stating that another statement was expected and then it provides a long list of nearly all PL/SQL statements. Is there something I have to do before I can use an Alter Table statement after a Begin statement in a script? Thanks for your time. Received on Wed Oct 26 2005 - 09:11:47 CEST

Original text of this message