Re: Database startup verification for Windows Services?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 09:47:11 -0700

Joop wrote:
> We came up with a busy polling tool, but that is not foolproof either.
> Apparently the poller was able to make a connection and the application
> was started. But it could NOT make connections for a while, it got the
> message
>
> ORA-12519, TNS:no appropriate service handler found
>
> It is puzzling why the database service is fluttering...

I suspect your problem is not what you think it is. Trace the connection:

# Debugging Parameters
#trace_level_client= 16
#trace_file_client=client
#trace_directory_client=c:\temp
#trace_unique_client=true

And compare with when Oracle reports it is open from the alert log.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org