Re: English-French translation

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:28:43 -0700

ernest.dale_at_timet.com wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> We will be embarking on a project next year to migrate an existing
> English-language Oracle Forms based application to French. Just
> looking for some ideas on development and/or implementation tools that
> may help us in the task.
>
> Thanks

To the greatest extent possible store strings inside the database and read them into the form before making it visible to the end-user. Only hard code that which absolutely must be hard coded. Use an environment variable to determine the language choice of the end-user.

Write once: Use many times.

Next year it will be Spanish, or German, or Italian, ....

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org