Using Designer for space estimation

From: <jreid_at_stirlingonline.com>
Date: 18 Sep 2005 18:01:23 -0700

Hi;

[Quoted] I'm working with Designer v 9.0.2 and trying to learn how to use it for size estimation.

I have created a small 3 entity ERD. I've provided initial, max, average and % growth parameters for each entity. Each entity has a couple of attributes.

I have also specified average length information for each attribute.

I ran the Database Design Transformer successfully (I think). Suggestions for confirming this are welcome!

[Quoted] I am running the Repository Report "Database Table and Index Size Estimates" (ckdbsz). I get a total of 6 pages, several with the size estimation formulae, but then 2 pages w/the name of my container but no other contents.

[Quoted] I can't find any good doc about this from Oracle (checking tahiti.oracle.com) or through Google searches. Any leads about good doc or better anybody who's successfully doing this who'd point out what I'm missing would be great.

Thanks, Jack Received on Mon Sep 19 2005 - 03:01:23 CEST

Original text of this message