9204-OID ServerListener: Max numbers of connections reached.

From: oradba <rsuresh364_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2005 10:32:41 -0700

Hi

I have a OID server running AIX 5L 64 bit in 9204 with default port 389. But when the port reaches around 800 connections, I get the following message in the oidldapd.log

ServerListener: Max numbers of connections reached.

-->$ netstat -a|grep 389|wc -l

     780

Though the ldapservers are running at this point they cannot resolve as the server cannot simply be reached.

 ../bin/ldapcheck

Checking Oracle Internet Directory Processes ...

Process oidmon is Alive as PID 12562630
Process oidldapd is Alive as PID 1777856 Process oidldapd is Alive as PID 14266514 Not Running ---- Process oidrepld

Oracle suggested that we use names.NO_PERSISTENT_RESOURCES=true in sqlnet.ora where the OID server is running. But that does not seem to help.

Can anyone give some insight into this?

Thanks in advance

RS Received on Wed Sep 14 2005 - 19:32:41 CEST

Original text of this message