Need direction on multiple cursor output from UTL_FILE

From: <brenda.streed_at_empireblue.com>
Date: 14 Sep 2005 07:24:50 -0700

[Quoted] [Quoted] I was hoping someone can answer a couple of questions about some Oracle [Quoted] packages, so that I can figure out which is the best approach to a problem.

We need to output multiple files of CSV data that is derived from an Oracle table. IE. 5000+ separate files with its own data. I have been able to use UTL_FILE to create one file with CSV data, but the lines only represent the header information.

My questions are:
1. Can UTL_FILE be used to output and individually save multiple files (so far everything I've seen in example code shows output to one file)?

2. Can a ref cursor be used in UTL_FILE? The data in my table has multiple detail lines for each parent record/person header. Each of the multiple saved files will have information for only one grouping of records.

There may be a better approach to this task; please give me ideas. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brenda Received on Wed Sep 14 2005 - 16:24:50 CEST

Original text of this message