Re: Foxpro to Oracle migration

From: Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bortel_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 20:30:06 +0200

Sebastian Millies wrote:
> Does anyone know of a tool that can migrate a
> database of VisualFoxpro *.DBF files to Oracle
> 10g directly? Should run on Windows.
>
> What I currently do is to migrate Foxpro to MySQL
> (using Alexander Eltsyn's dbf2mysql converter)
> and then use the OMWB to migrate to Oracle. This
> works fine (mostly), but involves much handiwork.
>
> Thanks for any other suggestions,
> Sebastian
iirc, Foxpro (and any other dBaseII/III/IV) data files are just fixed length records, with record 1 being the data structure: you may be off better writing SQL*Loader control files for each DBF file, and telling Loader to skip the first record.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel

Top-posting is one way to shut me up...