Re: SQL*Loader - run stored procedure

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pll-l>
Date: Mon, 05 Sep 2005 11:12:32 +0200

Użytkownik fahdshariff_at_yahoo.com napisał:

> I have a CSV file which I want to load into the database. The data will
> first be loaded into a "staging" table and then synchronised with the
> actual table by calling a stored procedure. And then committed.
>
> SQL*Loader can load the data but can it call the stored procedure? All
> of this must be done in the same oracle session... Any help would be
> appreciated.

There is no chance for SQL*Loader to run a stored procedure, becouse its a tool to loading data not to run anything. SQL*Loader commits data after loading, there is possibility to run both, loader and procedure from SQL*Plus, or there is possibility to create a job which runs both loader then procedure.

--
TomekB tbal_at_go2.pl-l