Re: Designer: How to build module which only allows insert of subset of a domain?

From: Andrew Hardy <junkmail_at_[127.0.0.1]>
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 08:53:07 +0100

Noel wrote:
> Użytkownik Andrew Hardy napisał:
>

>> I have a domain that allows values 'a', 'b', 'c' and 'd' and which
>> has  been applied to a table item.
>>
>> I want a module which only allows the insert of 'a' and 'b' against
>> the  bound item.
>>
>> Any ideas how I can do this?
>>
>> Using Designer 6iR4.9 to produce a web/plsql module.
>>

> 1. Create another domain that alows values 'a' and 'b' and apply it to
> item.

But how do I apply a different domain to an item? The domain is assigned   to entity-attribute and thence to the table-column. The module is based on the table, I don't see where I can specify a different domain against a module-item.

> 2. Write some code into WHEN-VALIDATE-ITEM action?

Yes, I've ended up with a trigger that checks the values prior to insert/update - I don't particularly like this as it means that the user can select erroneous values from the screen which is counter-intuitive.

Thanks for your reply,

--
Andy

Opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect those of Advantica
Technologies