Re: B&R: Usage of 'Legato' networker without NSR-DBM-ORA module

From: <sybrandb_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Jul 2005 00:51:54 -0700

I'm not sure why you are asking this question. The impact of not using the Legato interface to Oracle is quite obvious. Either you need to use RMAN to backup your database to disk (recommended).
Or you need to set up your own traditional hot backup script (not recommended).
I'm not sure whether you realize Oracle comes with Legato Storage Manager. LSM won't backup to a central backup server, but you don't have that anyway. At this time I don't remember whether LSM comes with an Oracle Agent, but you could of course easily find out this yourself.

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA