Re: XQuery, xml_db tablespace

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 10:24:26 -0700

Mark C. Stock wrote:

> "DA Morgan" <damorgan_at_psoug.org> wrote in message
>

>>JB wrote:
>>
>>>We learned Oracle has pulled its XQuery processor for a while. This has
>>>complicated plans for a prototype using SQL and XQuery, a decision
>>>about xml_db tablespace and so on.
>>>
>>>Is there another XQuery option (besides MSSQL 2005)?
>>>
>>>Is this something we'll see with 10g R2?
>>
>>http://otn.oracle.com
>>Top right where it says "SEARCH"
>>enter "XQuery"
>>
>>What was the source of your original information?
>>
>>BTW: 10gR2 will be released long before MSSQL 2005: And it won't be
>>a version 1.0 Microsoft product and we all know what that means.
>>--
>>Daniel A. Morgan
>>http://www.psoug.org
>>damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
>>(replace x with u to respond)

[Quoted] > Kind of sounds like a 'Paul is dead' rumor...

> ++ mcs

Oops ... correction on my previous posting. MSSQL 2005 IS a brand new code base rewritten to try to copy Oracle functionality such as MVCC. It IS a version 1.0 product.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
Relational theory is not something that is simply a nice-to-have.