Re: CREATE DATABASE with dbca fails

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 10:09:46 +0200

Sebastian Damm wrote:
> Frank van Bortel schrieb:
>

>>What is the SYS password? Is it Oracle compliant?

> Password was 'CbOzF.' (without the '). I now changed it to some
> letter-only password, and now it works. WTF? How do Passwords have to be
> to be Oracle compliant?

Glad it works...

From the SQL Reference, on Create User:

Passwords must follow the rules described in the section "Schema Object Naming Rules" on page 2-107, unless you are using the Oracle Database password complexity verification routine.

From the SQL Reference, on Schema Object Names and Qualifiers:

6. Nonquoted identifiers can contain only alphanumeric

   characters from your database character set and the    underscore (_), dollar sign ($), and pound sign(#).    Database links can also contain periods (.) and    "at" signs (_at_).
   Oracle strongly discourages you from using $ and #    in nonquoted identifiers.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel